Qualified Fitness Training at Coastal Bodies
Coastal Bodies aim is to provide unrivalled service in the fitness industry. We aim to provide premium training techniques in a supportive and stimulating environment. We see ongoing personal development through education and external expertise as essential to the client. We aim to see our clients as part of our community rather than isolated individuals. Lastly, our aim is to share. We want to share our knowledge and time to stimulate better health.
Personal Fitness Trainers at Coastal Bodies aim to differentiate themselves through providing a business that is personable. Too often people have the intention of exercising but are intimidated by the location and culture. It is our vision to provide exceptional customer service through:
- Rewarding clients with exercise resources and guides for making a commitment to our services
- The provision of a quarterly newsletter that is filled with many helpful tips and hints
- Fortnightly tip e-mails
- Quarterly Client Outings
- Fostering a culture of support and encouragement
- Building strong relationships with our clients
- Constantly being available to clients
- Providing clients with welcome packs
Client Appreciation Dinner, 2009
Why Choose Coastal Bodies Personal Training?
1. Highly Trained Staff
Coastal Bodies trainers are university qualified and are skilled in anatomy, physiology and exercise prescription.
Our dietician has studied for 4 years and is specialised in weight loss, weight gain and treatment for metabolic diseases.
2. No Gym Fees
You get access to 2 great locations with no additional gym fees.
3. Choice of Location
We have 2 first class indoor locations at South Coogee and Bondi Junction as well as the option of Fitness training outdoors.
4. Superior Customer Service
Coastal Bodies offers client appreciation events, client fun days, welcome packs, regular tips e-mails, newsletters, free gifts and a referral scheme.
Where Does Our Training Take Place?
Our training takes place in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney as well as the city of Sydney and the surrounding suburbs.
We have 2 indoor premises available in South Coogee and Bondi Junction. However, if you would like train in your home, local park or beach, we also offer mobile training; we come to you.
Why Exercise At All?
Personal Exercise Program
- Would you like to feel better than you ever have before?
- Would you like to look healthier?
- Do you struggle to lose weight?
- Would you like more energy?
- Do you lack confidence?
- Do you suffer from depression or anxiety?
- Would you like to feel fitter and stronger?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a structured exercise program is the solution. Forget the gimmicks and quick fixes; there are several benefits of exercise that have undeniable, proven support.
There are numerous well-founded benefits to exercising regularly. First and foremost, exercise considerably decreases the risk of disease (1). In fact, exercise can counteract many of the typical changes that occur with ageing (2).
By the age of 45, 58% of males and 44% of females are classified as being overweight (3). The level of obesity is rising rapidly in Australia and this is contributing to many major illnesses. Recent research from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (5) estimates that obesity is the cause of 23.8% of all type 2 diabetes cases, 21.8% of cardiovascular diseases and 24.5% of osteoarthritis cases.
Cardiovascular disease and being overweight are strongly linked. It is no surprise that cardiovascular diseases are the leading causes of death in Australia. Every 10 minutes there is a death that is caused by heart disease (3). Individuals who participate in a regular exercise program reduce their relative risk of heart disease by a factor of 1.5 to 2.4 (4).
Hypertension (high blood pressure) is a key contributor to cardiovascular disease. There is an inverse relationship between blood pressure and regular exercise. Studies have shown that blood pressure can drop significantly with a structured and consistent exercise program.
High cholesterol is another key cause of cardiovascular disease. Regular exercise lowers low-density lipoproteins (bad cholesterol) as well as increasing high-density lipoproteins (good cholesterol).
As well as preventing cardiovascular disease, exercise plays a vital in preventing metabolic diseases such as diabetes. Diabetes is a major epidemic in Australia with the number of reported cases growing at an alarming rate. Exercise considerably lowers the risk of individual’s developing non-insulin diabetes through its capacity to reduce weight and alter insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance.
Exercise is not only important in losing weight but it is also invaluable in counteracting age-related bone loss and muscle strength and improving dynamic balance.
Not only does regular physical activity play a vital role in preventing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporoses and some cancers (breast, colon, prostate and lung) but it also:
- Increases metabolism
- Facilitates better sleep
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety
- Improves bone mass and density
- Increases lean body muscle mass and muscle tone
- Develops strength and agility
- Creates a sense of psychological well-being
1. Fletcher, R., Lasky, T., Siscovick, D. & Weiss, N. (1984) The incidence of primary cardiac arrest during vigorous exercise. New England Journal of Medicine.
2. Foster, C., Graves, J., Lowenthal, D., Limacher, M., Mengelkoch, L., Pollock, M.& Wilmore, J.(1997) Twenty-year follow-up of aerobic power and body composition of older track athletes. Journal of Applied Physiology.
3. Batman, P., Richardson, A., Richmond, W. & Wilhelmi, D. (2002) The complete guide to fitness instruction. Fitness Institute Australia, Sydney, Australia.
4. Heyward, V. (1991) Advanced fitness assessment and exercise prescription. Human Kinetic Books, Illinois
5. Metherill, M. (2008) Obesity risks higher than thought. Sydney Morning Herald, 22nd Aug.
What are the Benefits of having a Personal Trainer?
Personal Fitness Trainer
There are many people who see personal trainers as a luxury or an expense. However, a personal trainer is an asset. Is there a greater worth than feeling better than ever and being healthy?
Here are a few of the many benefits of having a personal trainer:
1. You will get results fast:
A personal trainer will ensure that you get results much faster than you could by yourself. In hiring a trainer, you get access to the best and most efficient training techniques. There is also structure, accountability and objectives in place for you to achieve. Whether you want to lose weight, gain weight or increase your fitness,
2. You learn how to exercise in a safe manner:
Injuries are prevalent with exercise when it is performed with incorrect posture and technique. It is amazing to see the amount of poor technique that is on show within gyms. A personal trainer will make sure that the exercise is performed correctly therefore reducing the chance of injury.
3. You will learn what the best kind of training is to achieve your goals:
There are an infinite number of exercises, theories and myths about the best kind of training to achieve certain goals. A personal trainer will incorporate the correct combination of type, intensity and duration of exercise to help you achieve your goals.
4. You get motivated:
How many times have you said to yourself I don’t feel like exercising today because it’s cold, I’m tired or I don’t have time’? A personal trainer will ensure that these excuses don’t prevent you from training. A personal trainer will assist you in developing a culture of good health where these excuses for avoiding exercise no longer exist.
5. You save time:
So many people waste time and energy when exercising because they are doing it in an inefficient manner. A personal trainer helps you to work smarter and get maximum results in minimum time.
6. You receive individualized and personalised support:
Undertaking an exercise program requires unwavering support. A personal trainer’s aim is to get you achieving your personalgoals.
7. You learn how to exercise by yourself:
A personal trainer will empower you to exercise by yourself. A personal trainer will design a safe and effective program that can be carried out without supervision. This only enhances the level of results you will get.
8. You get through the difficult times:
Nothing is more difficult than when you’re training hard, eating correctly and seeing no results. A personal trainer will develop a routine that works for you and gets you the results you deserve.
9. You are number 1 priority:
A personal trainer dedicates themselves to their clients as they are the lifeblood of their business. A personal trainer is devoted to helping you achieve your goals.
10. You learn how to achieve a better life balance:
A personal trainer will help you uncover all those unhelpful habits, ideas and routines that steer you away from being healthier. These will be replaced through implementing actions that lead to better health.